We’d love you to pop in and see us at our cellar door on the Wānaka-Luggate Highway.

Our wine bar and tasting room is open six days a week (closed Tuesday) 12:00pm – 7:00pm in summer, and Thursday to Sunday, 12:00pm – 5:30pm in winter.

Tasting includes four different locally made Paddons Paddock wines for $15, or free of charge when you buy 2 of your favourite bottles.

Whether you’re in Queenstown, Cromwell, Wānaka – or on a wine tour of them all – stop by our central vineyard for a glass of wine with a view, or enjoy a cold glass of beer or some food amongst the stunning tranquility of Paddons Paddock.

Book your tasting now, or join us at the bar.

Paddons Paddock Jac’s Fault Rosé

2022 – Purple spicy plum and vibrant red fruited aromatics drive into a warm, richly textured mouthfeel showing brightness with a persistent lingering finish.

The wine: Enjoy the best of both worlds with our Paddons Paddock Rosé, now in its third vintage.

  • Picked between 4th-5th April 2022
  • East end clone 115
  • Macerated on skins for 5 days
  • Pressed and racked to old French barrique (56%) remainder to stainless steel tank (44%)

Did you know whenever you crush a grape, either red or white, the juice comes out clear? To give wine its colouring, it is left soaking with the skin of the grape. Rosés can come in a whole spectrum of pink, but here at Paddons Paddock, we gently crush our Central Otago Pinot Noir grapes and leave the skins soaking for three days – hence the gorgeous red colour. The resulting Rosé is less sweet than some, and full of the deeper flavours of Pinot Noir. 

The winemaker: Our Rosé winemaker is Central Otago legend Dean Shaw. Dean has been making wine with grapes from more than a dozen different vineyards for 18 years, which probably makes him one of the most experienced winemakers in the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes areas. He started his education in New Zealand before traveling to France where he studied winemaking in Burgundy, Austria and South Africa, and has worked with a number of Central Otago and Queenstown wineries.

Buy our Paddons Paddock Jac’s Fault Rosé online for delivery straight to your door, by the glass at our wine bar, or enjoy as part of a wine tasting experience on our vineyard.


Share this wine with friends

Paddon's Paddock Vineyard Wanaka Logo

Book your table now!

Paddon's Paddock Vineyard Wanaka Logo

Book your tasting now!